Monday, July 2, 2012

Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt {Review}

Sometimes It Happens
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
Published: July 12 2011
Pages: 320

Goodreads summary: This novel opens on the first day of Hannah’s senior year, but the story really starts on the last day of her junior year. That’s when Hannah not only gets dumped by her boyfriend, Sebastian, but she also finds out her best friend, Ava, is going to be gone for the entire summer. But Ava’s boyfriend, Noah, is definitely around—and such a good guy that he snags Hannah a job at the diner where he works. Hannah and Noah move from coworkers, to friends….and one night, to something more.
Now it’s back to school, where Hannah will see Sebastian, Ava, and Noah all in one place. Over the course of the day secrets and betrayals are revealed, and alliances are broken and reformed. In the end, Hannah will learn a lot about love, friendship…and herself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review

Highlights: I love this book I enjoyed the plot the drama. It was a easy and fast read for me.At times I wasn't able to put it down because I wanted to know what would happen next with all the characters. For parts of the story I enjoy Hannah's character but at times I did not.

Notes: Each chapter goes from "First day of senior year" to " flash backs of Hannah's "beginning of Summer". I thought this was a great factor because the end of each chapter it left me asking "What is happening next" and wanting to keep on reading.

Dislikes/Likes: I didn't like how Hannah for most part of the book keep on thinking of Sebastian I just wanted her to move on and stop thinking about him.
Noah loved how he help out Hannah and was there for her.But he did make me mad at times and I just wanted to slap him. But I won't go into details about that.

Overall: This book is a must read if you like chick-lit,drama,romance,lying,and cheating.This book has a little of everything.

                                                          I give this book

                                            ***** 5 stars out of 5 

No comments:

Post a Comment